Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Lost...

I thought of The Game! (Everybody groans...)

It's a few years old now, of course, but I just know I'm going to be lying on my deathbed 60 years from now and suddenly shout out "I lost The Game!" I also just taught it to some kids from the class I'm student-teaching, infecting another generation (I'm bad, I know)...


Remember the rules of The Game:

1) Everyone is playing The Game (even if they don't know it yet!)
2) You can never stop playing The Game
3) You cannot win The Game
4) If you think of The Game, you lose The Game
5) If you lose The Game, you must tell someone you lost The Game
6) If they don't know The Game, you must explain The Game
7) You have an hour to forget The Game again

3 comments:

Marco da Vinha said...

This is the first I've heard of it.

Who Am I said...

Same here...

A Sinner said...

And now you're infected forever. You'll try to forget, but it will keep popping up in your consciousness forever...

It's an example of so-called "ironic processing."